Friday, December 18, 2009

It was almost Christmas time... there I stood in another line

A cynic's views on Bob Carlisle's Christmas 'classic' Christmas Shoes:

1. My mother was sick when I was a little girl and, by all accounts, I was never dirty from head to toe.* Look, kid, I know you're going through a rough time, but there's no excuse for poor hygiene.

2. I don't think Jesus cares if your mom shows up barefoot. Really. He spent a lot of time barefoot. He understands. Besides, wouldn't that money be better spent on, you know, soap?

3. Where the hell is your Dad? What are you doing wandering around Wal*Mart in ripped up clothes? I'm calling CFS.

4. Also, no offence kid, but could you hurry up? Everybody's got somewhere to be tonight.

I'm so going to hell. Just so you don't think I'm totally heartless, I will admit that I weep like a wee child everytime the little kids start singing. I'm a sucker for little kids singing. I bet when he performs it live, they all come out in little robes and do sign language.

*sobs*




*I did get sent back to my Mom spouting racist epithets, but that's a story for another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home