Monday, March 30, 2009

And I'll know my song well, before I start singing

As I do every year, I've gone back to my blog on my Dad's birthday to read the eulogy I wrote for him there, do a little wallowing and pour the virtual beer on the ground in his honour. While I was there, I decided to poke around at old entries and reminisce. Good times.

By happenstance, this year against my better judgment I shared the blog with someone in Real Life, who is bugging me to start blogging-slash-writing again. And I have to say, I'm tempted.

It's a difficult enterprise - blogging without talking about what I do at work all day or being ridiculed by people I sit mere feet from in an open plan environment. Or, you know, ending up on the front page of the newspaper. However, I have decided I am willing to try. At least provisionally. I will be trying to migrate that other blog into this one over the coming days, but in the meantime, I'm back, baby!

So, for those of you playing the home game, here's the Cliff Notes version of Life In The Life Of Erin. While in Palau, I had a perfect storm of events that made me realise I was working on something really really high profile while at the same time living in a fish bowl. So, I stopped writing at all. And then I kind of forgot about it.

And then, internet, I met a boy. He was meant to be a lovely boy and, well, before I knew it I was moving to New Zealand to live with said boy in life and love.

As you might expect, however, he was not a lovely boy deep down and the relationship ended in a way that was so cruel and dramatic that it is meant for the screenplay that I will eventually write about it.

And you do what you do when that happens, which is to say that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and find the silver lining. Mine is that I now live in a pretty cool town doing a job I absolutely love and I'm finding my way through the world as an expat in her mid-thirties (gasp).

And thus begins the next chapter of this journey, now online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home